Small House of Everything

Small House of Everything

Thursday, August 7, 2014

THE JELL-O PROGRAM WITH JACK BENNY (1939)

I picked up a book on Jack Benny's radio and television work this week and this got me to go looking for online for some of his shows.

Here are the complete 38 surviving shows from 1939, beginning with the New Year's Day program. Here are Jack, Phil Harris, Eddie Anderson, Mary Livingstone, Kenny Baker (through the June 18 show), and Dennis Day (beginning October 8, replacing Baker).

Please note that there are a few glitches in these recordings.

Enjoy these true radio classics.

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/d4/a2/bc/d4a2bc8bd5a7bfd78c998581d07128cb.jpg


2 comments:

  1. I downloaded a lot of the Benny shows a couple of years ago, and now I play them in my car from time to time. I think they hold up very well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He makes me laugh every time, Bill. I can't think of anyone with better comic timing.

      Delete