Small House of Everything

Small House of Everything

Friday, August 15, 2014

HUH?

Our current cable television package has too many channels that we don't (or will ever) use, so I called the Comcast 800 number number and was told that I could downgrade my package at my local Comcast office. I went there yesterday and was told that the people working in the office were only allowed to upgrade television packages, and not downgrade them.

I finally got that settled and was given a digital adapter ("It's easy and fast to install on your own!") that would allow the downgraded system to work.  (That adapter was something new that Comcast began to require a few months ago.)  The adapter would be free for a time (no one knew how long because, well, you know, it depends), after which there would be a monthly charge (probably just $1.99, maybe).

Got home and discovered I had to connect the cable wire to the adapter and the adapter to the television.  Guess what they did not give me?  The cable to hook up to the television.

(By the way, it's a half-hour trip to the Comcast office.)

Go figure.

1 comment:

  1. That's bleedin' Comcast for you. Bunch of arrogant bastards who's idea of customer service is to spout crap and charge extra for it.

    ReplyDelete