Small House of Everything

Small House of Everything

Thursday, August 28, 2014

HAPPY BIRTHDAY. CEILI!

My beautiful darling Ceili turned 18 today.  In my mind she was born a blink of an eye ago.  I remember as they took her out of the delivery room, tightly swaddled, eyes wide open, she had a quiet serene look about her -- unlike her mother who greeted the world kicking and screaming.  Ceili had a dignity about her; she knew this world was her due.  She was happy to be here and she was happy just to be.

And now she's eighteen.  She's lovely, smart, talented...with a heart and a kindness that astounds me.  I am so proud of her and the woman she has become and the person she will be as she travels on in life.  I wish her father were alive to see her now; he, too, was always so proud of her.

My birthday wish for Ceili?  That she have a full life of serenity and fulfillment and that she brings her special kind of joy to everyone she meets.

Happy birthday, Ceili.  We love you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTL-fwRsEdc

No comments:

Post a Comment