- Ken Bruen & Reed Farrel Coleman, Tower. Crime novel by two of the best.
- Mikhail Bulgakov, The Heat of a Dog and Other Stories. The title short novel with three additional stories from the Russian fantasist. I had had a separate edition of The Heart of a Dog, but it went walkabout. I'm happy to get the novel again and the extra stories are an extra bonus.
- Declan Burke, The Big O. Mystery novel by our man in Ireland, perhaps best known as the father of Princess Lilliput..
- Fred Chappell, Brighten the Corner Where You Are. Novel.
- Jessica Fletcher & Donald Bain, Manhattans & Murder. This is the second in the series, published in 1994; the series has now hit #34. The "Jessica Fletcher" credit is still on the series because there is still three persons left in the world who actually think she's real -- that's my theory and I'm sticking with it.
- Charlie Huston, Caught Stealing and The Shotgun Rule. Mystery novels.
- Lee Goldberg, Mr. Monk in Outer Space. Number 5 in the series. Goldberg is a treasure.
- Stephen King, editor, The Best American Short Stories 2007. Twenty short stories selected from American and Canadian magazines. Heidi Pitlor, series editor.
- David Markson, Epitaph for a Tramp & Epitaph for a Dead Beat: The Harry Fannin Detective Novels. Mystery omnibus of books from 1959 and 1961.
- John Steinbeck, The Acts of King Arthur and His Noble Knights. Seven Arthurian tales reimagined by the Nobel Laureate. Another book that had gone walkabout sometime over the years.
Small House of Everything
Monday, June 20, 2011
Some great reading crossed my doorway this week.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment