Small House of Everything

Small House of Everything

Monday, March 31, 2014

R.I.P., JOE FRAZIER

Bill Crider has reported the death of Joe Frazier, one of the founding members of The Chad Mitchell Trio, a group that I have enjoyed since high school.  I met Frazier only once, when he asked if family members could sit next to us during a concert which featured the Trio; he was a warm, engaging person with a sincere desire to know more about Kitty and me.  In the last few years, when Chad Mitchell would introduce members of the group, he would say, "And on my left, Joe Frazier."  And Frazier would reply, "Far left!"  Frazier was ordained an Episcopal priest in 1973 and served in parishes in Pennsylvania, Delaware, and California.  He was 77.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EAXaDF76tc

No comments:

Post a Comment