- [anonymously edited], Great Detective Stories. Small paperback for the YA market with five out-of-copyright stories.
- Piers Anthony and Frances Hall, Pretender. Stand-alone SF.
- Margaret Ball, Mathemagics. A Chicks in Chainmail fantasy novel.
- Iain M. Banks, Inversions. SF.
- Neal Barrett, Jr., Dungeons & Dragons: The Movie. Movie tie-in.
- Terry Brooks, The Scions of Shannara and The Wishsong of Shannara. Fantasies.
- Laura J, Burns and Melinda Metz, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Apocalypse Memories. Television tie-in novel.
- Charles de Lint, Philip Jose Farmer's The Dungeon, Book 3: The Valley of Thunder. SF. Does anyone else remember when Farmer spelled "Jose" without an accent on the "e"?
- William C. Dietz, Halo: The Flood. Gaming tie-in novel.
- David Drake, Grimmer Than Hell. SF collection of fourteen stories.
- M. Coleman Easton, The Fisherman's Curse. Fantasy.
- Alan Dean Foster, For Love of Mother-Not. A Pip & Flinx SF novel.
- Rick Hautala, Moon Walker. Horror.
- Mercedes Lackey, Bardic Voices, Book I: The Lark and the Wren. Fantasy.
- Edward M. Lerner, Small Miracles. SF.
- Ardath Mayhar, Golden Dream: A Fuzzy Odyssey. SF novel in H. Beam Piper's "Fuzzy" universe.
- Anne McCaffrey, Crystal Singer and The Tower and the Hive. Sf both; the first based on four stories in Roger Elwood's Continuum series, the second is part of the Rowan series.
- William P. McGivern, Summitt. Thriller.
- China Mieville, The Scar. Fantasy.
- Andrew Neiderman, The Devil's Advocate. Horror novel, basis of the Al Pacino-Keanu Reeves film.
- Jody Lynn Nye, School of Light. Fantasy, sequel to Waking in Dreamland.
- Eric Nyland, Halo: The Fall of Reach. Gaming tie-in novel.
- Nick Pollotta, Don Pendleton's Mack Bolan: Stealth Sweep. Another in the long-running men's adventure series. Evidently Gold Eagle has stopped numbering these; this one was released in July 2011.
- R.A. Salvatore, Forgotten Realms: The Chaos Curse. Gaming tie-in. Book Five of The Cleric Quintet.
- Sharon Shinn, Archangel. SF.
- Philip Straker, Night Lust. Serial killer thriller.
- Trisha Telep, editor, Kiss Me Deadly. Anthology of thirteen "paranormal love" stories. this one's an ARC from August 2010.
- Immanuel Velikovsky, Oedipus and Akhnaton: Myth and History. The author's pairing of Greek myth and Egyptian history. Anything by Velikovsky should be taken with a grain of salt but Anmhknaton has always fascinated me, so...
- David Weber, Bolo! Three novellas and a short story in the SF universe created by Keith Laumer.
- Bari Wood, Doll's Eyes. Horror.
- Chris Woodyard, Haunted Ohio. Folklore. This one is a signed copy.
- Jane Yolen, The One-Armed Queen and Sister Light, Sister Dark. YA fantasies in the Great Alta Saga.
Small House of Everything
Monday, October 8, 2012
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Eclectic as usual.ReplyDelete