- [anonymously edited], Warcraft Archive. Gaming tie-in omnibus with four novels: Day of the Dragon by Richard A. Knaak, Lord of the Clans by Christie Golden, The Last Guardian by Jeff Grubb, and Of Blood and Honor by Chris Metzen. (That last is more of a novella, if you're really picky about classifications. But, to be fair, it was previously published only as an e-Book and they can be any size as long as you put an e- before the Book.) These were evidently the first four Warcraft tie-ins.
- Paul Fairman, That Girl. Television tie-in from 1971. Fairman was the founding editor of If Science Fiction and the one time editor of Amazing and Fantastic, author of a number of tie-in novels and others, and a ghost writer for Ellery Queen and Lester del Rey.
- Dean James. Posted to Death. A Simon-Kirby Jones mystery.
- Walt Kelly, Impollutable Pogo. Classic, classic, classic.
- Jeffrey Marks, editor, Canine Crimes. Collection of fifteen dog mysteries.
- Fletcher Pratt, A Compact History of the United States Navy. Nonfiction. In addition to his well-known work in fantasy and science fiction, Pratt was a respected populizer of military and Civil War history.
- Georges Simenon, Maigret's Failure. Translation of Un Echec de Maigret by Daphne Woodward.
Small House of Everything
Monday, August 6, 2012
A quiet book week where I spent more great family time than I did book buying time.