- Carr, Terry, editor. Creatures from Beyond. SF anthology. Nine stories, many familiar; still a very good collection.
- Cerasini, Marc. AVP: Alien Vs. Predator. Movie tie-in.
- Cornwell, Bernard. Stonehenge. Historical novel with fantasy overtones.
- Erdoes, Richard & Alfonso Ortiz, editors. American Indian Myths and Legends. Folklore, containing 166 American Indian myths. Neat, huh?
- Faucher, Elizabeth. The Addams Family. Movie tie-in, juvenile.
- "Grant, Maxwell" (Walter B. Gibson). The Creeping Death. Pulp hero novel, first published in Shadow Magazine, January 15, 1933. This edition is #14 in the Pyramid Books reprint series.
- Kelton, Elmer. The Time It Never Rained. Western, winner of the Spur Award. This edition is from Texas Christian University Press, #2 in their The Chishom Trail Series.
- Little, Bentley. The Collection. Horror novel.
- McDermid, Val. The Grave Tattoo. Mystery novel.
- Navarro, Yvonnne. Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Willow Files, Vol. 1. Television tie-in, with three stories adapted from the television show. Published as a YA novel.
- Staten, Joseph. Halo: Contact Harvest. SF novel, based on the role playng game.
- Westlake, Donald E. The Hook. Crime novel.
- Wilhelm, Kate. Clear and Convincing Proof. Mystery novel in the Barbara Holloway series.
Monday, April 4, 2011
Some fairly interesting books in the thrift shops this week. (I've noticed, by the way, that every thrift shop in existence must have at least one copy of a Rod McKuen book on their shelves. It must be a law, do you think?)