Small House of Everything

Small House of Everything

Monday, March 26, 2018

48 YEARS AS THE LUCKIEST MAN ALIVE

I met Kitty when I was 19, married her when I was 23, and for the past 48 years I have been gobsmacked that she married me.

Every day for 48 years she has given me love, hope, comfort, and courage.  And every day she has made me a better person.  What can you say about such a person?

I can say I love her.  And that I will love her more every day.

I can say I am thankful for everything she has given me, including, but certainly not limited to, two wonderful daughters.

I can say I'm looking forward to the next 48 years, or however long we will have together.

I can say I cannot think of anyone I would rather spend my life with.

I can say I am truly sorry for every dumb thing I have ever done, such as watering the begonias with boiling tea water, and for every dumb thing I will do in the future because far be it for me to learn from my mistakes.

I can say I will try to be the husband she deserves.

I can say I will never again sing in her presence because my lack of musical talent should never be released upon the world much less her delicate ears.  I could say that but I'd probably be lying.

I can say my arms, my heart, my soul, and my devotion will always be there for her.

I can say many, many things but they will all seem inadequate.

Because I am the luckiest man in the world because of her.

2 comments: