- Piers Anthony, Currant Events. Fantasy. A Xanth novel.
- Margaret Atwood, The Penelopiad. Atwood's take on Penelope, wife of Odysseus.
- Gwendoline Butler, Coffin's Ghost. A Commander John Coffin mystery.
- Bruce Campbell, Make Love -- The Bruce Campbell Way. A novel by the most famous chin in Hollywood.
- Ted Edwards, X-Files Confidential. Compendium on the first four seasons of the television series.
- Mark Gatiss, The Vesuvius Club. A Lucifer Box novel, part mystery, part spy-guy, part really strange.
- Seth Grahame-Smith, Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter. Horror. I wasn't very impressed with the movie.
- Lisa Jackson, "Beverly Barton" (Beverly Beaver), & Wendy Corsi Staub - Most Likely to Die. Thriller written in three parts.
- Susan Kandel, Dial H for Hitchcock. Mystery. The fifth outing for Cece Caruso, lover of vintage clothing and biography of mystery writers. The earlier novels dealt with Erle Stanley Gardner, "Carolyn Keene," Dashiell Hammett, and Agatha Christie; although Hitch was not a mystery writer, per se, he's still fair game for this series.
- Elmer Kelton, writing as "Lee McElroy," Joe Pepper. Western.
- "Christopher Pike" (Kevin Christopher McFadden), Thirst No. 1. YA supernatural omnibus containing The Last Vampire, Black Blood, and Red Dice.
- Melanie Rawn, Jennifer Roberson, & Kate Elliott, The Golden Key. Fantasy novel.
- Jon Scieszka & Lane Smith, The Stinky Cheese Man and Other Fairly Stupid Tales. Children's collection with nine stories.
- Peter Spiegelman, Black Maps. PI novel featuring John March.
- Mickey Spillane & Max Allan Collins, Complex 90. Mike Hammer heats up the Cold War when he takes on the Soviet Union. Forty-five bodies later, he's back on U.S. soil. That's when things get really dangerous. I read this one as soon as I got it. Great story!
Small House of Everything
Monday, July 29, 2013
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)