Small House of Everything

Small House of Everything

Wednesday, March 15, 2023

THE CASE OF THE PUZZLED SUITOR -- PART ? Of ?

Yestrerday I posted an "unknown" Perry Mason mystery story based on episodes of the CBS Radio program about Erle Stanley Gardner's famous fictional attorney.  I though I'd follow up with a random episode from that series.

Be aware that this is just one episode, not the full mystery, but there's enough here to give you a feel for the show, as the groundwork is laid for an upcoming murder and as Perry seeks to understand the strange motivation behind his wealthy client.   I have no idea how this story spun out, nor do I know the conclusion.  I haven't bothered to try to date this episode.

Perry Mason was a fifteen-minute daily radio program and probably a third of that time was taken with commercials for Ivory Flakes and Camay soap.  Yes, the radio show was a soap opera in every sense of the word, quite different from Gardner's novels or the Raymond Burr television show.  As I mentioned yesterday, circumstances morphed this radio program into the long-running television soap The Edge of Night.

Anyway, here's a little taste of radio's Perry Mason:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4AelzlkG2M&list=PLyjl0hWRBbZuOOSy-xcVDeZccP8u4c-yL&index=1

No comments:

Post a Comment