Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow does!
The very first issue of Shadow Comics features a raft of characters (many from Street and Smith's pulp magazines):
- The Shadow
- Iron Munro, The Iron Man [written by Theodore Sturgeon]
- Doc Savage
- Frank Merriwell at College
- Carrie Cashin
- Nick Carter [the first four pages of this story is missing from the online link]
- Air Trails Boys
- Diamond Dick
- Horatio Alger, Jr.'s Bob Burton
- Horatio Alger, Jr.'s Mark, the Match Boy [a preview]
- Bill Barnes, America's Ace
Shadow Comics ran for 101 issues, ending with the August-September 1949. Throughout its run, it always contained a Shadow story, along with other features that changed from time to time. Of special interest is Sturgeon's hard to locate "Iron Munro" series, which ran in the first seven issues, then skipped four issues, and ended with issue #12.
Enjoy this issue.