Small House of Everything

Small House of Everything

Monday, January 3, 2022

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BRO!

 My brother Kenny advances one more year on the longevity chart today.  He's my baby (hah!) brother, being 14 months younger than me.  As if being younger was not enough, he's also smarter, thinner, spryer, and more musically talented than I.  Still, for some reason, he remains my favorite (and only) brother.  Go figure.

His wife is lovely.  His two daughters light up whatever room they are in.  His rescue dog has one eye.

You know how everyone has a relative they avoid whenever possible, the Fascist or the drunk, or the opinionated one who never shuts up?  We never had to worry about that with Kenny.  We all thoroughly enjoy and treasure spending time with him.

Families are basically the luck of the draw; seldom are they something you have any say over.  I have been blessed with wonderful parents, a great sister, and a warm and kind brother.  Of the five of us, only Kenny and I remain.  I look forward to being Kenny's big brother for many, many years to come.

Love, you,  Bro.


2 comments:

  1. I am sure Kenny is not as nice as you though. Impossible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's pretty nice, though. He never partied with Jeffrey Epstein, nor was he a Nazi war criminal, nor has he ever done evil things to small animals. Admittedly that's a low bar, but Kenny surpassed that as well as all the higher bars out there.

      Delete