Small House of Everything

Small House of Everything

Thursday, April 25, 2013


As of today, 75% of my grandchildren are teenagers and the other 25% reached double digits last February.  Where in heck does the time go?

Amy, our beautiful blonde girl, turned fifteen last Thursday.  Smart, witty, ambitious...the only negative thing that I can think of about her is that she stopped bringing me my morning coffee once she moved 500 miles away.  Rotten kid.  But her smile more than makes up for that.  When she smiles, I light up like a Fourth of July rocket.  In a few more years, Amy will be unleashed to the world and the world will be a far better place.

Mark, who turned thirteen today, doesn't have a wide smile like his cousin.  Mark's smile is a quiet one as befits a somewhat quiet boy.  When he smiles, though, his eyes also light up and you just know that this boy is something special.  He's beginning to come into his own now, talking more and more to adults.  He has a way that just draws friends to him.  He's super smart and would have all As if only he would remember to turn in his assignments.  Typical boy.  He's into soccer and track is excellent at both.

Amy is gorgeous and Mark is very handsome.  They got the genes from both sets of parents and (he said modestly) their maternal grandparents.

I am so proud of both of them.  Kitty and I did something right with both our daughters and they, in turn, are something very right with their children.

We love you, Amy.  We love you, Mark.  May this year and every following year be all that you wish for.

No comments:

Post a Comment