- Catherine Aird, Stiff News. An Inspector Sloan mystery.
- James Lee Burke, The Convict and Other Stories and To the Bright and Shining Sun. Two early books from Burke: the first, a collection of nine stories; the second, a regional novel (Appalachia in the 1960s).
- Jonathan Carroll, The Wooden Sea. Fantasy.
- John Farris, Dragonfly. Suspense.
- Louis L'Amour, Crossfire Trail, Ride the Dark Trail, Silver Canyon, and Son of a Wanted Man. Westerns all. The second and fourth books are part of the Sackett saga.
- Dennis Lehane, Darkness, Take My Hand. A Patrick Kenzie/Angela Gennaro mystery.
- Brian Lumley, Necroscope V: Deadspawn. Horror
- [Charlie McDade], Don Pendleton's Mack Bolan: Split Image. #102 in the long-running men's action series.
- Larry Niven and Steven Barnes, The California Voodoo Game. SF, a Dream Park novel.
- [David North], Don Pendleton's The Executioner: Tiger Stalk. This one's #220.
- [Rich Rainey], Don Pendleton's The Executioner: Uforce. And #273.
- "J. R. Roberts" [James Randisi], The Gunsmith #293: The Road to Hell. Adult western.
- Amy Sedaris, Paul Dinello, and Stephen Cobert, Wigfield: The Can-Do Town That Just May Not. Humor.
- Dan Simmons, The Terror. History and horror mix. *Brrrr*
- F. Paul Wilson, Implant. Medical thriller.
- Gene Wolfe, Calde of the Long Sun and Exodus from the Long Sun. SF, the third and fourth books in The Book of the Long Sun Quartet.
Small House of Everything
Monday, January 9, 2012
A good mix this week, making Mount TBR almost unscalable.