Small House of Everything

Small House of Everything

Tuesday, July 4, 2017

OVERLOOKED (?) MOVIE - FOURTH OF JULY EDITION: JOHNNY TREMAIN (1957)

From Walt Disney, the classic story of a young silversmith's apprentice caught up in the events leading up to the Revolutionary War.

Directed by Robert Stevenson and scripted by Tom Blackburn from Esther Forbes' 1944 Newbery Award winning children's book.  Hal Stalmaster starred as Johnny Tremain.  Also included in the cast were Luana Patten, Jeff York, Sebastian Cabot, and Richard Beymer.  Look closely and you'll see Whit Bissell (as Josiah Quincy), Dabs Greer ( as Nat Lorne), House Peters, Jr. (uncredited as a Patriot Commander at Lexington), and Sharon Disney (Walt's adopted daughter as Dorcus).

Grab a cup of untaxed tea and enjoy.

https://archive.org/details/JohnnyTremainFullMovie

1 comment:

  1. I missed this the other day. I loved this book when I read it, and about a decade ago I bought a copy and reread and still liked it a lot. I remember the film, and would like to see it, but watching a movie on You Tube uncomfortable, I'd like to see it on my TV (which, no, isn't hooked up to the world net through some fancy network system. I can barely just manage to get my email in two places).

    ReplyDelete