Small House of Everything

Small House of Everything

Tuesday, April 19, 2022

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AMY!

 I'm a day late in posting this but I'm sure that Amy will forgive me because she's that kind of person.

Amanda Frances Dowd, my second granddaughter, turned 24 yesterday.  (Please note that the word "second" relates strictly to chronological order; all my grandkids are first in my book.)

Why do I love her?  It's not just because she laughs at my terrible jokes.  And it's not just because she replies in kind -- usually wittier.  I love her because she's kind, caring, smart, empathetic, loyal, witty, and sometimes she lets me hug her even though she knows I've never learned to un-hug.  Amy has a strong ethical sense that I sincerely wish more of us had; she cares about the environment, equality, social responsibility, and social justice.  And she makes great soup, some of which she freezes and brings over to us.  Did I mention that Amy is also beautiful?  And that being a blonde, she defies all of those stereotypical blonde jokes?

I could go on and on about how wonderful Amy is, but the fact is that the very best thing about Amy is that she's Amy.  You can't get any better than that.

Oh.  And we love her.  Very much.


No comments:

Post a Comment