Small House of Everything

Small House of Everything

Friday, January 8, 2021

POSITIVITY

Both viewers of this blog may have noticed that blogging has been very light for the past week and will continue to do over the next few days.

The day before Christmas I took a fall in a Target parking lot and injured my foot and -- it turns out -- my back.  Nothing serious but I hobbling like a three-legged billy goat and am moving very carefully.

Then, this Sunday I got an attack of the dreaded yuckies, which, I was told today, is Covid-19.  Two days of feeling terrible, then two days of feeling fine, then again two days of feeling terrible.  It makes me wonder what's in store for tomorrow.  Kitty, too, has tested positive, although she is symptom-free.  The only thing that Covid has done to me is giving me heavy cold symptoms.  I can live with that.

So we are quarantining and I, at least, am sleeping a lot.  I like sleep, so that's a bonus.  My mood is good and I remain positive.  

If possible, this has increased my concern for others who have contracted the virus and are faring -- or have fared -- much worse than I.   The president's uncaring and selfish blindness with his response to the pandemic has taken an even more personal note with me now.  Add to that his treasonous actions in inciting Tuesday's riots at the Capitol, have left a sewerage-like taste in my mouth far beyond any effect that Covid might have.  He and his enablers must be forced to face the consequences for their despicable actions.

Although Covid-positive, I will easily get past this disease.  The disease that Trump has infected upon this country will take much longer to get over.

See you on the other side.

3 comments:

  1. Man....I am sorry. Get well fast, Jerry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May both of you continue with a nearly sub-clinical case, and recover soon...and take care...and fewer cartwheels at Target when possible! And we'll be rid of Trump in the most important single way, at least, soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I missed this on Friday. Be watchful in case it turns on you though.

    ReplyDelete