Small House of Everything

Small House of Everything

Monday, December 31, 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR, JACK BENNY STYLE!

New Year's Eve has always seemed like a nothing holiday to me.  (Actually, it's new Year'ss Day that's the holiday but, for most people I know, the celebrating is done on New Year's Eve.)  I guess I'm just not a party person.

New Year's wishes, however, are very important to me.  They summarize the daily wishes I have for family and friends -- including those many friends I have not met yet.  For 2013, I sincerely wish all of you happiness, health, peace, love, clarity, purpose, fun, relaxation, laughter, companionship, and pie -- because so many things go better with pie.  May the 2013 you be the person you want to be and the person your loved ones know you to be.

And to usher in 2013, here's a classic from Jack Benny:

http://archive.org/details/Jack_Benny_New_Years_Eve

2 comments:

  1. Nothing but my birthday. My parents used to tell me that the mummers marched for me.

    ReplyDelete