Tony Bennett (1926-2023). Do I need to add anything?
"I Left My Heart in San Francisco"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6DUwMnDxEs
"I've Got You Under My Skin" (with Lady Gaga)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyTa_gJkYwI
"Body and Soul" (with Amy Winehouse)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OFMkCeP6ok
"I Get A Kick Out of You"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddyta-g8K-w
"For Once in My Life"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3T6Yl5iBwhM
"Fly Me to the Moon"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJuZUBJtWUo
"Stranger in Paradise" (with Andrea Bocelli)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFrUsa5SUv0
"Night and Day"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXND_pDkpts
"New York State of Mind" (with Billy Joel)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1k9YlR_9S4
"The Very Thought of You"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLuFKaXEI1Y
"The Lady Is a Tramp"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBXBSORQVlg
"Because of You"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-4zvArJDGg
"I Can't Give You Anything But Love"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-koDEArDdc
"It Had to Be You"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJ1I3ZmEozQ
"Sing You Sinners"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7Y9eiCH_nY&list=PL-f5sU8-_h3c5pT63xYhQbYrRLY9KWmDr&index=18
"Chicago" (with the Count Basie Big Band)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1VqrkVXJrE&list=PL-f5sU8-_h3c5pT63xYhQbYrRLY9KWmDr&index=19
I admire Tony Bennett's long career and his social progress activities.
ReplyDeleteNo, you don't.
ReplyDeleteWhen we were kids, one of my father's favorite records was Tony Bennett Live at Carnegie Hall - I bought a CD of it a few years ago and it's still great.
One highlight of our concert going career came in 2007, when we went to see Stevie Wonder at Madison Square Garden. Halfway through, Stevie was singing "For Once In My Life" and brought out Tony Bennett (then 81) to sing it with him. It wsx one of those "only in New York " moments that rarely happen elsewhere, like Springsteen joining Bob Seger on "Old Time Rock and Roll."
Todd Mason: Almost mistook Jeff's reassurance as taking issue with George. Bennett was apparently a sweetheart in person, though his wit could be astringent. Absolutely the worst actor among excellent singers.
ReplyDelete