Small House of Everything

Small House of Everything

Tuesday, August 15, 2023

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JESSAMYN!

She is, has been, and will always be, one of the brightest lights in my life.  She's a combination of guts, brains, humor, talent, and beauty.  Widowed early, she has managed to raise two of the most perfect women in the world (both of whom are also bright lights in my life).  To say that I am proud of all that she is and all that she has done would be a gross understatement.  I am so lucky that the women in my life have taught me the true meaning of love.

When she was born the doctor told Kitty it was a girl.  Kitty only spoke two words: "A girl."  The way that Kitty it -- the tone of her voice, her timber -- was something I had never heard before and never heard since.  I cannot put a punctuation mark behind those two words because none that exist come close to describing how she said it...not a question mark or an exclamation point.  How can a simple punctuation mark explain the joy, wonder, love, hope, and awe in Kitty's voice?  Something very special had happened to us at that moment and the way Kitty said those two words reflected that perfectly.  I will be forever grateful that Kitty lived to see the wonderful person Jessie has become and to see the awesomeness Jessie has instilled in her two daughters.

Happy birthday, Jessie!  I love you and everything you are.

1 comment: