Small House of Everything

Small House of Everything

Sunday, August 6, 2023

AN ANNIVERSARY

Kitty died one year ago today.

Had you told me then, I never thought I would make it this far.   The memory of her love, her laughter, her kindness, her compassion, her love of the world, and her faith in me have sustained me.  For over fifty-two years she had made me a better person and -- somewhere, somehow -- she continues to do so.

As I fumble now through the world, I can enjoy each day for its small blessings and great wonders.

And Kitty is still with me every day.

3 comments:

  1. I never feel Phil is with me. Instead I feel like he is not. The world has changed too much in four years and he wouldn't recognize it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't fully realized, or forgot, that she died on my birthday. Glad you all had each other...and sorry that things are not quite as they were, even though the memories and the love remains.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly sorry. These dates are so very hard.

    ReplyDelete