Small House of Everything

Small House of Everything

Tuesday, March 23, 2021

OVERLOOKED TELEVISION: DEATH VALLEY DAYS: THE HOMELIEST MAN IN NEVADA

 From October 24, 1955, the Old Ranger (Stanley Andrews) spins us a tale of a time when a contest was held for "The Homeliest Man in Nevada."  Clem Scobie, a war hero, is teased by his fellow miners because of his appearance and he tends to accept this.  "I know that in looks I'm no star/There are others more handsome by far/But my face I don't mind it/Because I'm behind it/It's the folks out in front that I jar."  Then came pretty Mona Sherman (Patricia Joiner) and Clem is smitten, but Mona is attracted to handsome Bruce Courtright (Richard Avonde).  Well, we know that is going to change, don't we?

Directed by Stuart E. McGowan, from a script by Ruth Woodman.

Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXtL8dEH1IQ

No comments:

Post a Comment