Small House of Everything

Small House of Everything

Monday, March 7, 2016

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KITTY!

I make no bones about it:  I am the luckiest person on earth.

You were sixteen when I met you.  I was much younger -- a callow and immature nineteen.

The first thing I noticed about you was your contagious smile.

Then I noticed the depths of your eyes and they knocked me out.

As I got to know you I was amazed by your beautiful soul.

Then the damnest thing happened.  You fell in love with me.  For my part, It seems I have loved you throughout eternity.

Everything in me that is good I owe to you.

We have been married forty-five years -- forty-six later this month -- and every day I have loved you more.

We have laughed and cried together.  Fought and conquered.  Raised two amazing girls who have gone on to spread the joy you have given them.

You have brought peace to my troubled soul.  You have shown me beauty.  You have given me understanding.

You were beautiful at sixteen and that beauty has only increased every day I have known you.

I love your strength.  I love your character.  I love your compassion.  I love your smile.  I love your eyes.  I love everything that makes you you.

I always will.

No comments:

Post a Comment