Small House of Everything

Small House of Everything

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TOM RUSH!

Today I received an e-mail reminding me that today, February 8, is folksinger Tom Rush's birthday.  I can't count the number of times I have seen him perform, from the early days at Cambridge's Club 47 and Boston's Unicorn, to the Ramshead in Annapolis.  Among the many great songs he has done are "The Child's Song", "No Regrets", "Urge for Going", "The Remember Song", and "The Circle Game".  Tom Rush made us realize that a lipstick tube could sound like a train whistle on the guitar.  He  showed us what songs are no longer permissible to sing.  He taught us how to troll for owls.

Today, Tom Rush turned 70.  How can that be?  I haven't aged and he's still the same talented kid who helped usher in a generation of singers who have inspired a nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment