Small House of Everything

Small House of Everything

Wednesday, September 19, 2018

PIRATE

Pirate, our beautiful grand-dog, passed away yesterday.  She was the sweetest dog ever.  Christina and Walt got her when they were living on the Chesapeake -- fitting, because she was a Chesapeake Bay retriever.  As a puppy she was afraid to go into the Chesapeake...until she did and suddenly realized there was a reason she was a water dog.  She loved retrieving sticks (and logs!) from the Bay.  Despite her size, she was completely convinced she was a lap dog.  She was gentle and would stick her head under your arm for cuddles.  Mark and Erin grew up with her and she had a very special place in their hearts.  As I said, Pirate was the sweetest dog ever and my heart goes out to Christina and her family.

It's become common, when a pet dies, to speak of the Rainbow Bridge.  I don't think Pirate crossed the Rainbow Bridge.  I think she clamped her mighty jaws around that sucker, ripped it from the ground, and looked around for someone to bring it to, beaming with pride because she's such a good girl.

1 comment:

  1. Jerry, I'm so sorry. I just went through a similar thing with my cat, so I know the ache you must have now. I hope you and family feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete