Small House of Everything

Small House of Everything

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DWIGHT V. SWAIN!

Pulpster and writing instructor Dwight V. Swain (1915-1992) would have reached his century mark today. For the pulps he wrote SF, western, mystery, and adventure stories.  His books on writing were standard texts for years.   Swain was inducted into the Oklahoma Writers Fall of Fame in 2013.

The link takes you to Swain's 1942  story "Henry Horn's X-Ray Eye Glasses"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8BOCXv8duA

2 comments:

  1. And who could forget "Bring Back My Brain!" by Dwight V. Swain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dwight wrote a series of columns about his pulp days for Mystery Scene when was editing it. I must've read a million words of his when I was a young teenager. I loved every word including (I'm sure) "Bring Back My Brain!") :).
    A hell of a nice guy, too. Plus a fine teacher of pulp writing methods.

    ReplyDelete