- Bathroom Reader's Institute, Uncle John's Bathroom Reader: Wonderful World of Odd. Non-fiction compilation. Blame it one the 13-year-old in me.
- P. D. Cacek, Night Prayers. Horror.
- Simon Clark, Death's Dominion. Horror.
- Douglas Clegg, The Infinite. Horror.
- Basil Copper, Bad Scene and The Curse of the Fleers. The first one of Copper's fifty-odd Mike Faraday mysteries; the second is one of the Gothic-y horror novels that Copper did so well. Both bought before the author passed away this week.
- August Derleth, The Shadow in the Glass and Wind Over Wisconsin. Historical novels, the first in Derleth's Wiconsin Saga, the second in his Sac Prairie Saga.
- "Robert Doherty" (Robert Mayer), Area 51: The Mission. Science-fictional thriller.
- David Drake, The Way to Glory. SF in the RCN series.
- John Everson, Covenant. Horror.
- Dave Freedman, Natural Selection. SF thriller.
- W. D. Gagliani, Wolf's Trap. Werewolves!
- Ray Garton, Bestial. More Werewolves!
- Sephera Giron, Mistress of the Dark. Horror.
- [Ed Gorman, editor], Mystery Scene Reader. From 1987, the bulk of this book is a tribute to John D. MacDonald. There's also five short stories (by Ellison, Goulart, Gorman, Mayhar, and Pronzini), six interviews (with Baxt, Koontz, JDM, Nolan, Elizabeth Peters, Denny O'Neill, and Jimmy Sangster), and a reminiscence by Todhunter Ballard. This copy was signed by Bill
- Heather Graham, Dead on the Dance Floor. Mystery.
- Walter Greatshell, Xombies: Apocalypticon. SF/horror. The second in the series.
- Hugh Howey, Wool. SF. Dawn stopped off with a bag of magazines and books; this was one of them.
- H. Paul Jeffers, Bloody Business: An Anecdotal History of Scotland Yard. Non-fiction.
- Hilary Jordan, When She Woke. Literary SF novel.
- Brian Keene, Ghost Walk. Horror.
- Nate Kenyon, The Reach. Horror.
- "Jack Ketchum" (Dallas Mayr), The Girl Next Door. Horror.
- H. R. Knight, What Rough Beast. Horror.
- Michael Laimo, Fires Rising. Horror.
- Joe R. Lansdale, Atomic Chili: The Illustrated Joe R. Lansdale. Some of hisownself's best stories rendered in comic book form with various writers (including JRL) and artists.
- Richard Laymon, The Midnight Tour. Horror in the Beast House sequence.
- Tim Lebbon, Beserk. Horror.
- L. H. Maynard & M. P. Sims, Black Cathedral, Demon Eyes, and Shelter. Horror all.
- Nichelle Nichols with Margaret Wander Bonanno, Saturn's Child. Gee, Uhura wrote a SF novel with a little help from her friend.
- William F. Nolan, John Huston: King Rebel. Biography.
- Bryan Smith, Queen of Blood. Horror.
- Tim Waggoner, Darkness Wakes. Horror.
- Charles Wilson, Game Plan. SF thriller.
- Carlos Ruiz Zafon, The Shadow of the Wind. Literary thriller. Another one from Dawn.
Monday, April 8, 2013
A lot of horror novels this time out, mostly from Don D'Auria's old Leisure line.