Small House of Everything

Small House of Everything

Thursday, March 10, 2011

MY HEAD IS SPINNING

I think it's pretty well established that I am of a liberal bent.  I was not really surprised by the antics in Wisconsin yesterday, or by Rep. Peter King's hearings on Muslim terrorism, but Lordloveaduck Newt Gingrich has got my head spinning.

     (In the interest of full disclosure, I have been told that I look like Newt Gingrich.  In fact, I've been mistaken for him a couple of times in Washington, D.C. by what I am sure are myopic yahoos.  It's gotten to the point where I have considered getting a tee-shirt proclaiming me to be the "Anti-Newt".)

     Okay, so Newt, who does have a problem with keeping it zipped up, has come up with a logical explanation for his serial adultery:  PATRIOTISM.  Yep.  Newt loves his country so much, it stressed him out enough to commit adultery.  Multiple times.  This, of course, allows Newt to seriously "consider" consider running for president, because who doesn't want the president to love his country?

     I've tried to explain to my wife that I am a true patriot, deeply in love with my country.  She isn't buying it.  (She really doesn't have to worry -- she doesn't have cancer.)

1 comment: