Small House of Everything

Small House of Everything

Sunday, December 12, 2010

QUILT OF VALOR

My niece (who doesn't realize it, but is about the coolest person on earth) just sent us an e-mail saying she is thinking about making a Quilt of Valor for a wounded soldier.  She suggested that it might be a good project for The Cool Girls Quilting Club, a loose-knit group that she and my wife and daughters started about six years ago; they meet irregularly -- usually once a month -- and spend the time talking and eating and sometimes quilting.  I usually hide in another room.

The Quilt of Valor project is a worthy one.  As the website says, it's not about politics -- it's about people.

Check it out.

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful thing. I used to make quilt until my thumbs said no.

    ReplyDelete