Small House of Everything

Small House of Everything

Thursday, June 20, 2024

THE LONE RANGER: THE OSAGE BANK ROBBERY (DECEMBER 17, 1937)

 [Cue Th William Tell Overture]

[Add a hearty "Hi -Yo, Silver!"]

Get ready, gang, for another exciting adventure of The Lone Ranger.

Hard to believe, I know, but during all the years The Lone Ranger was on the radio (2956 episodes, beginning in 1933) and on television (221 episodes, from 1949 to 1957), the Lone Ranger never once realized that "Kemo sabe" was the Indian phrase for "I need a raise." *

Any way, let's go back to those thrilling days of yesteryear. (Actually, thrilling day -- December 17, 1937, to be exact.)

In this episode Earle Grasser plays the masked man; Tonto was played by John Todd.

Enjoy.


 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvhW9a9keOg


* Who can forget the immortal words of Lyle Lovett in "If I Had a Boat"?

     Mystery masked man was smart

     He got himself a Tonto

    'Cuz Tonto did the dirty work for free

     But Tonto he was smarter

     One day said, "Kemo sabe

     "Kiss my ass.  I bought a boat.  I'm going out to sea."

1 comment: